Service desk available
Specialist help to support staff with flexible and inclusive teaching
The Centre for Teaching and Learning provides a dedicated Digital Education Service Desk to assist staff.
The service is available Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm and can be contacted by emailing the service at email@example.com.
The service provides help from experts in several areas, including digital education, educational development, and the Canvas VLE, all of whom are available to help departments, faculties and colleges with queries related to the delivery of in-person, online and hybrid teaching.
Service staff can help with:
- adapting courses to online or hybrid provision
- creating and setting up new courses in Canvas
- optimising use of digital education tools
- advising on, delivering and signposting training
- providing general advice relating to teaching design and provision.
Please note the service can only assist with queries relating to teaching. For anything else, please contact the general IT service desk.
Other resources for staff
- Using Canvas at Oxford staff guide - how to build courses and use common tools like Assignments and Discussions.
- Teaching remotely - for Oxford specific guidance and support materials.
- IT Services - help with the Panopto/Replay lecture capture service and Teams.
If you would like Canvas assistance outside service desk hours, you can use live chat with Instructure 24/7 without logging into Canvas, or you can contact them through the Help button on the global navigation menu once inside Canvas.
Note: If you are a student please see the Student guide to using Canvas at Oxford.