Reading Innovation Technology Showcase
Find out about new hardware and software, and get hands-on with tablets, e-readers, apps and more
What is it?
Since the introduction of the Kindle, there has been much innovation in devices and interfaces for digital reading.
This showcase of the devices from the newly established Reading and Writing Innovation Lab at the Centre for Teaching and Learning will give you an overview of what is happening in this space and give you a chance to get some hands-on time with:
- Different types of e-readers (including the reMarkable)
- Different tablet form factors (including iPad Pro and Kindle Fire)
- Apps for reading and managing digital reading
- Touch interfaces for annotation and note taking (including different types of styluses and digital pens)
- Digital highlighters and hand-held scanners for reading printed materials
- Mac and Windows applications for reading and managing the reading workflow
Attendees will also have the chance to book one-on-one or small group consultations for the following weeks for more in-depth exploration.
Who is it for?
This event is open to anyone at Oxford who is interested in improving their digital reading. It will be ideal for people deciding whether to purchase a device or recommend one for others.
It will be of particular interest to:
- Teaching staff
- Disability advisors
Pre-registration for this free event is not required. However you can register to receive updates about the event and let the organisers know to expect you.
Where and when will it be held?
|Date||Thursday 10 March 2022|
|Venue||IT Services Main Area, 13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN|