Online training and webinars
Staff guidance and advice to support flexible and inclusive teaching
Please follow the links for more information and to book a place on an upcoming session.
If nothing is listed, no sessions are currently scheduled.
New sessions are added as they are announced.
- Canvas Fundamentals: An introduction to the basic features of the Canvas Virtual Learning Environment for teachers and administrators.
- Digiknow sessions: Run by assistive technology expert, Dominik Lukeš, to help staff and students take advantage of the latest technology to support teaching and learning.
- Nexus365: Techniques for Teaching with Teams: This course is aimed at enhancing remote teaching skills and is aimed at staff who are already using Microsoft Teams for teaching, but are in need of more support.
- Panopto - First Steps: Do you need to record your lectures/teaching sessions? You can do this using a software tool called Panopto which is provided by the University's Lecture Capture Service. This short workshop is designed for people who have never used Panopto.
- Panopto - Next Steps: Are you already using Panopto for simple recordings and want a deeper understanding of more of the features? In this webinar we will look at how to use the web editor to organise your recordings and how to use captioning to improve accessibility. We will cover how Panopto can work with other tools such as YouTube, Canvas and hand-held devices. There will be opportunities to ask questions after each topic.
Creating reading lists using ORLO: Do you want to provide reading lists with direct links to e-books and articles? Oxford Reading List Online (ORLO) is an online reading list platform which makes it easy to create reading lists with direct links to e-books, articles and other eresources and which show real time availability for physical resources in Oxford Libraries. This is an introductory session for academics, administrators and any staff supporting reading lists. You may also be interested in Oxford Reading Lists Online (ORLO): Getting started – an Oxford LibGuide that provides training videos and guides for staff, administrators and academics,
IT Learning Centre: What’s on: Keep up to date with all the latest course offerings from the IT Learning Centre, including e-learning available.