A working group led by Professor Sir Nigel Shadbolt has been established to review and refresh the Digital Education Strategy. Sir Nigel is Principal of Jesus College, and Professorial Research Fellow in Computer Science.
The group will review the experiences of teaching through the COVID-19 pandemic, with a view to making recommendations for which aspects have the potential to inform new ways of teaching and feed into the New Ways of Working project.
The group will also identify areas where digital education has the potential to support the achievement of University and Divisional strategic goals.
The final report from the working group will:
- assess progress against the objectives of the Digital Education Strategy 2016-2020, identifying where progress has been made, where objectives have changed, and areas which continue to require further development
- articulate an overarching vision for digitally supported education at Oxford
- recommend actions to enhance students’ experiences and ensure all students can participate
- propose guidelines for working with preferred partners for online course provision, and
- suggest a prioritisation of investment in digital education infrastructure, services and support.
Working group membership comprises:
- representatives from the four Divisions and Continuing Education
- representatives from Oxford SU and experts and innovators from the Oxford Internet Institute, Department of Education, Saïd Business School, Department of Computer Science, Centre for Teaching and Learning and Education Policy Support.
Further representatives may be identified as the review progresses and subgroups are formed to explore specific issues.